The mission of the Gladstone Education Foundation is ensuring the success of the children in our community through educational and organizational opportunities.
Our Philosophy of Funding
1. The Foundation seeks to support activities, innovations, and improvements which enhance and enrich the educational services and programs for youth in the area served by the Gladstone School District.
2. The Foundation believes that funding should be used for projects, which it views as outside the regular operational budget of the Gladstone School District or other agencies.
3. The Foundation will review programs with long-term funding requirements, staffing requirements, or those initiated with other short-term grants and monies, with low priority.
4. High profile funding to enhance the work of the Foundation and help secure futher contributions is important, but will not be the most important factor in awards.
5. Projects of any size will be considered.
6. The Foundation does not intent to interfere with or replace the efforts of other fundraising groups.
7. The Foundation wishes to promote matching grants and partnerships with other groups and agencies to further the goals of the Foundation. Similarly, the Foundation will look favorably on those who have already made an effort toward funding their projects before making application to the Foundation.
8. The Foundation will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected class or category.
9. All funding will be awarded according to the applicaiton procedures of the Foundation.
The Gladstone Education Foundation has helped establish many great Endowments that continue to give back to Gladstone Teachers, Students and the Community. Below are some of our endowments that you are encouraged to support by making a tax-deductible donation.
To make a donation click here
The Thank-A-Teacher endowment is an opportunity for students, parents and community members to thank an individual teacher for their positive influence. The person(s) wishing to Thank-A-Teacher can make a tax-deductible donation, in any amount, in the teacher’s name to this permanent endowment, with a note if desired. The Foundation will forward the information to the teacher (or their family member, if appropriate) that a donation has been made to the endowment in their name.
Disbursement of the Thank-A-Teacher endowment funds go to recognize current teachers on an annual basis with a monetary gift for them to use for professional enhancement.
Making A Difference Endowment
The Making A Difference endowment provides community members, former students and parents an opportunity to thank a support staff member who made a difference in their life. You can make a tax-deductible donation, in any amount, in the support staff member’s name to this endowment, with a note if desired. The Foundation will forward the information to the individual (or their family member, if appropriate) that a donation has been made to the endowment in their name.
Disbursement of the Making A Difference endowment funds go to recognize current support staff on an annual basis with a monetary gift for them to use for professional enhancement.
Richard (Beef) Holliman “Heart of a Gladiator” Scholarship:
The purpose of this endowment is to provide a source of money that will fund a yearly scholarship to a Gladstone High School senior. One scholarship will be awarded annually in the amount of $500. The recipient of the scholarship will be chosen by Richard Holliman’s family in consultation with the counselors and athletic director of Gladstone High School.
This scholarship goes to a student who exhibits the traits of a true Gladiator. A student, who shows compassion and friendship to his/her fellow students, demonstrates a willingness to go above and beyond, sees the glass as half-full, and fights through any adversity life throws at them. The recipient of the scholarship must actively participate in school life in some way– whether it is through athletics, leadership, or club/activity-based and has attended Gladstone schools K – 12.
Amy Lou Simmons Endowment:
The purpose of this endowment is to provide a source of money that may be used by the principal and/or teachers at John Wetten Elementary School as they see fit to assist students as needed (e.g. glasses, hearing aids, shoes, clothing, school supplies, lunches, etc.).
Gladstone/Oak Grove Rotary Endowment:
The purpose of this endowment is to provide a source of money that may be used by the principal and/or teachers at Kraxberger Middle School as they see fit to assist students as needed (e.g. glasses, hearing aids, shoes, clothing, school supplies, lunches, etc.).